Friday, November 30, 2012

Praying Yourself to Sleep With the Jesus Prayer


Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner

A practice I started recently was after I get in bed at night is to pray the Jesus prayer about 20-25 times (I am not legalistic on how many times). I pray for and meditate on Christ mercy and forgiveness of my sins. I rest in the fact he will forgive my sins (1 John 1:9) and deliver me from evil thoughts and temptations (Matthew 6:13)  


I find it.


1. Reminds me that Jesus is with me while I sleep.

2. Cleanses my mind of evil thoughts to focusing on Jesus. 
3. Helps me to relax. 

Try praying "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner" as you prepare for sleep tonight. 



Psalm 63:6-7  ... I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment