Thursday, January 10, 2013

Night Prayer


The Lord Almighty grant us a peaceful night and a perfect end.
Amen.

Our help is in the Name of the Lord;
The maker of heaven and earth.

Confession

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.  - Psalm 130
[Confess your specific sins to God and ask for forgiveness]


Psalm 31 

1
In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.
2
Incline your ear to me;
make haste to deliver me.
3
Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for you are my crag and my stronghold;
for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me.
4
Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me,
for you are my tower of strength.
5
Into your hands I commend my spirit,
for you have redeemed me,
O LORD, O God of truth.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


The Word

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.  - 1 John 2:1-2

The Jesus Prayer (Meditate on each word and Jesus mercy as you pray)

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner. ( pray 3 times)


The Lord's Prayer

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your Name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done, on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial,
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours
now and for ever. Amen.

Collect

Lord, hear our prayer.
And let our cry come unto you.
[Pray in your own words whatever is on your heart]

Be present, O merciful God, and protect us through the hours of this night, so that we who are wearied by the changes and chances of this life may rest in your eternal changelessness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer

O God, your unfailing providence sustains the world we live in and the life we live: Watch over those, both night and day, who work while others sleep, and grant that we may never forget that our common life depends upon each other's toil; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


The Song of Simeon

Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; that awake we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.
Lord, you now have set your servant free
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior,
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations,
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.
Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; that awake we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.

Benediction

Let us bless the Lord.
Thanks be to God.

The almighty and merciful Lord, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, bless us and keep us.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment